Whatcom County organizations and restaurants step up each year to offer free community meals for Thanksgiving. Donations are welcome at most of the events.
Wednesday, Nov. 25
▪ Seeds of Hope and Crosswater Ministries will serve a traditional Thanksgiving meal at the East Whatcom Regional Resource Center, 8251 Kendall Road, from 3 to 6 p.m.
Never miss a local story.
▪ Old Town Café, 316 W. Holly St., Bellingham, serves its 43rd annual free Thanksgiving dinner for everyone from 10 a.m. to 3 p.m. The event includes live entertainment throughout the meal.
▪ American Legion Family Post 86 will serve a free community Thanksgiving feast with a traditional menu from 11 a.m. to 4 p.m. at Blaine Senior Center, 763 G. St. The event is open to everyone, donations welcome. Volunteers are needed; call David at 360-739-1671. The senior center will be open for the meal but not for center activities.
▪ United Church of Ferndale, 2034 Washington St., is serving a turkey dinner with all the trimmings at noon in its Fellowship Hall. The annual event is in its 18th year. All are welcome.
▪ Five Columns Restaurant, 1301 E. Maple St., Bellingham, offers traditional Thanksgiving dinner with all the trimmings served free to people 65 and over from noon to 2 p.m. Restaurant open noon to 7 p.m. for the Thanksgiving meal or its regular dinner menu at usual prices. Call 360-676-9900 for reservations; it’s recommended people call as far in advance as possible.
Friday, Nov. 27
▪ Lighthouse Mission’s free community meal will be held noon to 1:30 p.m. at Assumption Catholic Church gym, 2116 Cornwall Ave. Usually about 500 people are served.
Saturday, Nov. 28
▪ The Salvation Army, 2912 Northwest Ave., Bellingham, is hosting a turkey dinner open to everyone from 5:30 to 7:30 p.m. People are asked to RSVP by calling 360-733-1410.
For additions to this list, email the information to firstname.lastname@example.org.