Workers in 1947 kept busy at the Bellingham Coal Mines. The business ran from 1917 to the mid '50s north of Squalicum Creek, on what is now Birchwood Avenue east of Northwest Avenue, near where the Albertson's grocery store is now located.
Workers in 1947 kept busy at the Bellingham Coal Mines. The business ran from 1917 to the mid '50s north of Squalicum Creek, on what is now Birchwood Avenue east of Northwest Avenue, near where the Albertson's grocery store is now located. HERALD PHOTO
Workers in 1947 kept busy at the Bellingham Coal Mines. The business ran from 1917 to the mid '50s north of Squalicum Creek, on what is now Birchwood Avenue east of Northwest Avenue, near where the Albertson's grocery store is now located. HERALD PHOTO

Local

Beneath the city of Bellingham lie the memories of coal mines

March 03, 2008 12:01 AM

  Comments  

Videos