1. Squalicum: Core of team stays intact after winning state title. No reason they can’t repeat.
2. Sehome: An injury to Devin Grahn doesn’t help, but there’s too much talent here not to be among top teams.
3. Ferndale: Good, young goalie, speedy forwards, senior leaders in midfield will make Ferndale a force.
4. Burlington-Edison: How can you go wrong when you have Edie Breckenridge on your team?
Premium content for only $0.99
For the most comprehensive local coverage, subscribe today.
5. Lynden: Expect the Lions to take a big step forward this season, adding a few more goals on the way.
6. Bellingham: The Red Raiders are always a hard team to knock down, and this year won’t be any different.
7. Meridian: Is this the year Payton Lunde takes over, following in her older sister’s footsteps?
8. Lynden Christian: Scoring won’t be the problem, but the loss of imposing Sara Dougan will hurt D.
9. Sedro-Woolley: It’ll be intriguing to see where second-year coach Gary Warman takes Cubs.
10. Mount Baker: Hard to tell how Jason Jorgenson’s Mountaineers will perform.
11. Blaine: Ashley Quesada could lead the Borderites higher than expected.
12. Anacortes: Another year of struggles appears to be on the way for Seahawks.
13. Nooksack Valley: The Pioneers are going to struggle, but the future looks brighter.