City officials are warning residents that children at Eagleridge Elementary School may have come in contact with an herbicide after a city worker accidentally allowed the chemical to spread to the school’s playground, the city said Friday.
The herbicide is granular and used for killing weeds. The chemical is an irritant if handled, but can be toxic if swallowed. Any parents who believe their child may have swallowed the herbicide should call a poison control expert at 1-800-222-1222.
The city is reviewing its policies to prevent similar mistakes, officials said, and workers are removing the herbicide from areas where it wasn’t meant to be applied.
Premium content for only $0.99
For the most comprehensive local coverage, subscribe today.