Libraries in Bellingham and Whatcom County are marking Valentine’s Day with free classes and a party for school-age children.
All materials are provided — often including templates for cards and crafts — during these drop-in events.
A teen Un-Valentine’s Party is from 2-4 p.m. Friday, Feb. 12, at Lynden Library. They’ll have treats and games for grades 6-12 and a special project to make black duct tape roses.
▪ Bellingham Public Library’s program Heart Art is for ages 3 and older from 11 a.m. to 1 p.m. Friday, Feb. 12, in the library’s downstairs lecture room, 210 Central Ave.
Digital Access for only $0.99
For the most comprehensive local coverage, subscribe today.
Individual Whatcom County libraries conduct similar Let’s Make Valentines! programs for children ages 4-11 at various times and locations through Saturday, Feb. 13.
▪ 2-3 p.m. Saturday, Feb. 6, at the Lynden Library.
▪ 2-3 p.m. Saturday, Feb. 6, at the Ferndale Library.
▪ 3-4 p.m. Tuesday, Feb. 9, at the Island Library.
▪ 3:15-4:15 p.m. Wednesday, Feb. 10, at the Sumas Library.
▪ 3:45-4:45 p.m. Thursday, Feb. 11, at the North Fork Library.
▪ 10:30-11:30 a.m. Saturday, Feb. 13, at the Deming, Everson and South Whatcom libraries.