The Bellingham Herald invites nonprofit organizations offering homemade crafts and foods in Whatcom County to participate in our free annual holiday bazaar guide.
Our annual list of bazaars will be published on Nov. 2. Deadline for entry is Oct. 16.
Your event also will be included in Take Five the Thursday before it takes place.
You will need to enter your event online to be listed in the guide. Please enter it as far in advance as possible. Registration is not required to add an event.
Digital Access for only $0.99
For the most comprehensive local coverage, subscribe today.
To post an event, click on the “Add Event” button - it will open in a pop-up window. Complete and submit the form, which must include your email address. Events usually appear online within 24 hours of submission. There is no charge to post events or photos.
A few tips:
▪ In the “Performer or Event Name” field, please start your entry with the word “Bazaar.”
▪ In the “Genre” field, select “Benefit/ Fundraiser” from the dropdown menu.
▪ In the “Category” field, select “Special Event.”
▪ If your bazaar runs more than one day, indicate the dates and the times in the “Event Description” field.
▪ You can also list each day and time your event runs in the “Dates and Times” field.
Be sure to include a phone number for contact information for your bazaar. Sometimes, the system will include the phone number for the venue (like the church where your event might be), but that may not be the correct contact number for your organization.
It’s also helpful to send a press release to firstname.lastname@example.org and for Take Five, to email@example.com. However, you still must input your event in the online calendar to get into the bazaar list.