A series of public walking tours at Bayview Cemetery this summer begins Friday, June 12, with a discussion of the cemetery’s history up to 1911. The initial tour will meet at Bayview’s Veterans’ Memorial and will cover about one mile over uneven ground.
All of the tours start at 1 p.m. and cover about one mile. The tours are free, but registration is required at 360-778-7150.
The next three tours begin at Bayview’s mausoleum:
▪ June 26: Bayview’s trees.
Sign Up and Save
Get six months of free digital access to The Bellingham Herald
▪ July 10: Arts and artists of Bayview.
▪ July 24: Poems of Love & Remembrance; not a walking tour.
The last two tours start at the Veterans’ Memorial:
▪ Aug. 14: Business people at Bayview.
▪ Aug. 28: Artistic Remembrances; sites in Bayview that inspire a painting and quotation.
Bayview, the city’s burial site for more than 125 years, is at Lakeway Drive and Woburn Street.