Haggen and its customers made a significant contribution to local nonprofits in 2017.
The total was around $352,000, with more than half of it coming from customers, said Kaily Hetherton, Haggen’s community event coordinator.
Many of the donations were the result of matching-fund donations at the 15 Haggen stores in Washington state.
“We couldn’t do this without the loyalty and generosity of our customers,” Hetherton said.
Haggen is currently raising money through DonorsChoose.org to provide supplies for local classrooms, and will match customer donations up to $20,000 through Jan. 30.
Here’s a breakdown of where the donations went:
▪ More than $75,000 to a variety of nonprofits in the communities Haggen serves;
▪ $69,000 to the American Red Cross;
▪ $63,000 to local schools through DonorsChoose.org;
▪ $46,000 to community food banks;
▪ $27,000 to Beef Counts program for food banks;
▪ $17,000 to Toys for Tots;
▪ $15,000 to local animal service organizations.