Haggen and its customers made a significant contribution to local nonprofits in 2017.
The total was around $352,000, with more than half of it coming from customers, said Kaily Hetherton, Haggen’s community event coordinator.
Many of the donations were the result of matching-fund donations at the 15 Haggen stores in Washington state.
“We couldn’t do this without the loyalty and generosity of our customers,” Hetherton said.
Digital Access for only $0.99
For the most comprehensive local coverage, subscribe today.
Haggen is currently raising money through DonorsChoose.org to provide supplies for local classrooms, and will match customer donations up to $20,000 through Jan. 30.
Here’s a breakdown of where the donations went:
▪ More than $75,000 to a variety of nonprofits in the communities Haggen serves;
▪ $69,000 to the American Red Cross;
▪ $63,000 to local schools through DonorsChoose.org;
▪ $46,000 to community food banks;
▪ $27,000 to Beef Counts program for food banks;
▪ $17,000 to Toys for Tots;
▪ $15,000 to local animal service organizations.