Now in its second year, Pickford Film Center’s Rooftop Cinema at the Parkade, 1300 Commercial St., is expanding to five dates. From July to September, the public can enjoy a series of free outdoor events, five stories high in the sky, with film, music, spectacular sunsets, local beer and food, prizes, and a chance to browse booths from local nonprofits and organizations.
Gates open at 7:30 p.m., music starts at 8:15, and the films start at dusk. The schedule:
▪ July 17: “Dazed and Confused.”
▪ July 31: “Back to the Future,” (30th anniversary)
▪ Aug. 14: “The Annual Bike in Movie and the Gigantic Bike Film Festival,” featuring bicycle-inspired independent and short films from the Northwest, a bike show, and a bicycle raffle.
▪ Aug. 28: “Enter the Dragon.”
▪ Sept. 11: “True Stories.”
Details: pickfordfilmcenter.org, 360-738-0735.