Nineteen Fairhaven venues will be open late, from 5 to 8 p.m., on Friday, June 19, with special features to mark the start of summer, in the annual self-guided and free Solstice Art Walk.
▪ 12th Street Shoes features “Stilletos on Parade”
▪ Three French Hens features Latico purses and jewelry by Zenzii, Eileen Fisher and Marjorie Baer
▪ Whatcom Art Market introduces new artisans and locally crafted creations
Sign Up and Save
Get six months of free digital access to The Bellingham Herald
▪ Skylarks presents a live “Art of Jazz” gig featuring Telefon
▪ Silvery Moon features rare colored sapphires and celebrates 40 years in the jewelry business
▪ The Garden Room has a summer open house
▪ Artwood Gallery features new woodwork by co-op members
▪ Good Earth Pottery hosts a reception for clay artist Debra Stern
▪ Morgan Block Studios has open doors to potter Sunny Hill, painter Nancy Canyon, leatherworker Nicki Lang and jeweler Marijo Marini
▪ Bay to Baker features Beth Roberson’s “Chickens” with demonstrations
▪ Renaissance Celebration displays a video demonstration of David Wight making “Waves”
▪ Fairy Godmother’s Unlimited hosts a demonstration by watercolorist Leah Schell
▪ Whimsey celebrates 12 years with local artists
▪ Colophon Cafe features art by Chris Shreve and Shannon Spearks
▪ A Lot of Flowers hosts a demonstration by artist Ben Mann
▪ Drizzle offers “A Pinch of Love” with custom blended spices
▪ Paper Dreams and Village Books host Yaqui flutist Peter Ali.
▪ Fairhaven Toy Garden features needle-felted art and live guitar playing.
Look for the yellow sunshine flags to find the participants and come celebrate summer in Fairhaven. Artists will be present at some of the locations.
Details: 360-671-3998, fairhaven.com.