1. Lynden: Lions essentially have state berth locked up facing winless Shorecrest this week.
2. Sedro-Woolley: Cubs have looked vulnerable, but are still one of the state’s best 2A teams.
3. Squalicum: Storm seems poised to earn its first 2A state playoff berth in program history.
4. Burlington-Edison: Strong defense has led the Tigers to a district playoff berth.
Digital Access for only $0.99
For the most comprehensive local coverage, subscribe today.
5. Mount Baker: Mountaineers earned their first shutout last week against LC and looked dominant.
6. Meridian: Trojans face a tall task against King’s with a Class 1A State Playoff berth on the line.
7. Ferndale: Inconsistency hurt Golden Eagles. See Lynden win followed by Sehome loss.
8. Sehome: Mariners’ high aspirations of earning back-to-back state berths fell short.
9. Blaine: Borderites played admirably much of the year against larger, talented schools.
10. Nooksack Valley: Pioneers got back on track late, but final two wins proved too little too late.
11. Lynden Christian: Lyncs controlled their own destiny, but lost three of their last four games.
12. Anacortes: Seahawks’ second half of the season was full of lopsided defeats and forgettable moments.
13. Bellingham: Red Raiders (5-4) have the chance to win their most games in a single season since 2007.