1. Lynden: The No. 1-ranked Lions keep on winning despite dealing with numerous key injuries.
2. Sedro-Woolley: The Cubs defense allowed 100 yards rushing for the first time last week.
3. Squalicum: The Storm rebounded and picked up a key win last week against Burlington-Edison.
4. Burlington-Edison: The Tigers’ schedule softens up a bit following this week’s Lynden game.
Digital Access for only $0.99
For the most comprehensive local coverage, subscribe today.
5. Ferndale: The Golden Eagles can reestablish themselves with a win against upstart Squalicum.
6. Mount Baker: The Mountaineers have bought into Baker’s style, and the Deming boys are thriving.
7. Blaine: The Borderites would love to put last week’s offensive display behind them.
8. Sehome: Avoiding three straight losses won’t be easy with Sedro-Woolley on deck.
9. Meridian: The Trojans have the making of a solid team but need to put together a full four quarters.
10. Lynden Christian: The Lyncs can shake up the 1A race with a win over Mount Baker.
11. Nooksack Valley: The Pioneers’ offense is strong, but their defense needs help.
12. Anacortes: Seahawks are looking more and more like the last-place Class 2A team in the NWC.
13. Bellingham: After struggling to earn a win, the Red Raiders have now won back-to-back contests.