Northwest Conference Preseason Power Rankings
1. Anacortes: The Seahawks reached the state semis last year. Anacortes should have another strong club.
2. Squalicum: Storm has more than enough talent to improve on last year’s best season in program history.
3. Bellingham: Experienced Red Raiders are trying to do something special with their wealth of talent.
Sign Up and Save
Get six months of free digital access to The Bellingham Herald
4. Lynden: Lions lost some key pieces, but should again finish high in the Northwest Conference standings.
5. Sehome: Pitching and defense should lift the Mariners to another strong season.
6. Ferndale: The Golden Eagles have a good group of seniors who are motivated to end their careers on a high note.
7. Nooksack Valley: The Pioneers have some players, and they could surprise some clubs.
8. Burlington-Edison: Every year the Tigers seem to be a force in the Northwest Conference.
9. Sedro-Woolley: The Cubs should be strong enough to be competitive in all their games.
10. Meridian: The Trojans are young, but coach Steve Slesk will have his club ready to roll.
11. Lynden Christian: LC is hoping a mix of veterans and really young players can spark success.
12. Blaine: Too often the Borderites’ bats went cold last spring. New coach Larry Hoffman is hoping that changes.
13. Mount Baker: Winning the close games should help the Mountaineers improve upon last season.