Here’s what will be open and what will be closed on Memorial Day
• Pierce County government offices will be closed.
Sign Up and Save
Get six months of free digital access to The Bellingham Herald
• City of Tacoma offices will be closed, and parking downtown will be free. The city’s senior centers at 415 S. 13th St. and 5016 A St. will be closed. Police, fire and animal control officers will be on duty.
• Banks will be closed.
• U.S. Postal Service operations will be closed.
• Tacoma’s landfill, recycling center and household hazardous waste facility will be open from 8 a.m.-6 p.m. as usual. Garbage, recycling and yard/food waste pickups will not be affected.
• Tacoma Public Library branches are not open Mondays or Sundays and were closed Saturday to observe the holiday. Pierce County libraries will be closed Monday.
• Pierce Transit buses will operate on a Sunday schedule.
• Sound Transit routes 510, 590, 511, 532, 535, 540, 542, 555, 556, 566, 586, 592, 595, 513, 596, 567 will not have service. Routes 594, 545, 550, 540, 522, 554, 560, 566, 574, 577, 578, 512 will run on a Sunday schedule. The Sounder Train will not operate, and Tacoma Link will run on a Sunday schedule.
• Point Defiance Zoo & Aquarium will be open from 9:30 a.m.-6 p.m.