Monday is Memorial Day, a chance to remember those who died while serving in the armed forces.
• Wear Blue: Run to Remember will begin the day with its annual Memorial Day run. The event typically draws more than 1,000 joggers. It kicks off at 9 a.m. in DuPont’s Powderworks Park. For more information, go towearblueruntoremember.org
• The Capitol rotunda in Olympia opens at 10:30 a.m. for a service hosted by the Thurston County Veterans Council. The ceremony is to begin at 11 a.m.
• Joint Base Lewis-McChord is hosting its Memorial Day observance at the Fort Lewis Cemetery at 11:30 a.m.
• U.S. Rep. Denny Heck is scheduled to speak at Puyallup’s Memorial Day observance. It will begin at 1 p.m. at the pavilion in Pioneer Park, 333 S. Meridian. The Pierce College concert band and Clan Gordon Pipe Band are to perform.
• DuPont’s official Memorial Day observance will begin at 2 p.m. in Ross Plaza with remarks by I Corps Deputy Commander Maj. Gen. Kenneth Dahl.
• The Washington Soldiers Home is having a ceremony at 2 p.m. The soldiers home is at 1301 Orting Kapowsin Highway in Orting.
• Mills & Mills Memorial Park Cemetery, 5725 Littlerock Road SW, Tumwater, will host an observance at 2 p.m. 360-357-7743.
• Odd Fellows Memorial Park Ceremony, 3802 Cleveland Avenue, Tumwater, starts at 12:30 p.m. with an American Legion cannon salute. Music by Boomer Brass Band and Entertainment Expolsion. Hotdogs and drinks will be served.