A dryer and its contents caught fire Friday at a Nalley Valley business, temporarily stopping work.
Flames spread through a chute that vents lint from the dryer and burned the lint on the rooftop at Alsco Inc., 2011 S. Tacoma Way. Firefighters responded just after 7 a.m. and quickly extinguished the blaze, Tacoma assistant fire chief Faith Mueller said. Employees evacuated the building when the fire started, and no injuries were reported.
Employees were back working less than two hours after the fire broke out, Mueller said.
Stacey Mulick, The News Tribune
Premium content for only $0.99
For the most comprehensive local coverage, subscribe today.