Fire caused by a faulty bathroom ceiling fan caused several thousand dollars in damage to a Lynden home Tuesday evening, July 12.
“There were flames showing from the roof,” when the first engine company arrived at 1607 C St. about 6:30 p.m. Tuesday, said Lynden fire Chief Gary Baar. “The couple who lives there was going out for a walk and their neighbor yelled over that their roof was on fire.”
Firefighters took a hose into the bathroom and put the fire out quickly, causing minimal water damage inside, Baar said. The fire was contained to the roof and attic, he said. Firefighters cut into the roof to make sure flames hadn’t extended further into the building, he said.
Premium content for only $0.99
For the most comprehensive local coverage, subscribe today.