A replacement historic marker will be dedicated at a ceremony from 12:30 to 2 p.m. Saturday, May 9, at Cornwall Park, 3424 Meridian St.
The original marker on a large rock in the park was dedicated in 1941 by the Chief Whatcom Chapter of the Daughters of the American Revolution. The marker commemorated Old Telegraph Road and celebrated pioneers of the Northwest. It was dedicated on the anniversary of Washington’s becoming a part of the Union, as well as Armistice Day.
Due to vandalism, the marker was removed years ago. Chapter members will dedicate the new marker at the rock, which is just east of the playground accessed from the Meridian Street entrance to the park.
Digital Access for only $0.99
For the most comprehensive local coverage, subscribe today.