Gently used winter coats, hats, gloves and scarves are being collected this month to give to people who struggle to afford winter wear.
About 3,000 coats and other items are collected every year at local congregations and the collection locations, according to the Interfaith Coalition.
Bring items to donate to the following locations:
• Bellingham: Banner Bank branches downtown, Fairhaven and Barkley through Oct. 23.
• Blaine: Banner Bank, Umpqua Bank and Blaine Senior Center through Monday, Oct.13.
• Everson: Everson Market and Everson City Hall through Oct. 31.
• Ferndale: Banner Bank, WECU and Thrive Fitness through Oct. 21.
• Foothills: Foothills Food Bank, located at St. Peter’s Catholic Church,6210 Mount Baker Highway
, only from 9 to 11 a.m. Oct. 27.
• Lynden: Banner Bank through Oct. 31.
People who would like to pick up a warm coat and outerwear can do so at these locations:
• Bellingham: Assumption Catholic gym,2116 Cornwall Ave
., 11 a.m. to 2 p.m. Oct. 25 and 11 a.m. to 1 p.m. Oct. 26 in conjunction with the community meal served that day.
• Blaine: Blaine Food Bank,500 C St
., 9 a.m. to noon Tuesday. Oct. 14, and Friday, Oct. 17, and again from 5 to 7 p.m. Wednesday, Oct. 15.
• Everson: Everson City Hall, 10 a.m. to noon Nov. 1.
• Ferndale: United Church of Ferndale,2034 Washington St
., 10 a.m. to 1 p.m. Oct. 22 and 25.
• Foothills: Foothills Food Bank, 9 to 11:30 a.m. Oct. 28.
For more information, contact Interfaith Coalition at 360-734-3983 or firstname.lastname@example.org. The coalition is 43 congregations, PeaceHealth St. Joseph Medical Center and community members who work together to help people with basic needs including housing and health care.