2014 top finishers
WHAT’S NEW IN 2015
Mount Baker Highway will be closed at 7:30 a.m. at Canyon Creek Road in Glacier, going east toward the mountain. Any viewers, participants or additional support vehicles that want to go to the top of the mountain must pass Canyon Creek Road before then. The road also will be closed westbound at 7:30 a.m. at Mt. Baker Ski Area’s Heather Meadows Day Lodge. No vehicles will be allowed to travel down the mountain before it reopens, which is expected to be around 9:30 a.m. this year with one fewer leg.
TIPS FOR THE RACE
• A helmet is required. Other than that, clothing varies, but keep it loose. Weather usually changes during the ride as the day progresses.
• Bikes should be cleaned, lubed and otherwise readied for the race. Tires should be inflated to the correct pressure. Bike inspections will be available on race day.
• Bring energy food to eat two or three times during the ride. One or two water bottles should provide enough hydration.
• If there’s rain on race day, be cautious of slippery pavement.
• Make sure to follow all traffic rules.