2014 Top finishers
WHAT’S NEW IN 2015
Park Drive, directly in front of the park, will be closed to all vehicles from 10 a.m. until 1 p.m. to facilitate the exchange. Traffic between Lynden and Everson will be routed to Van Buren and Hampton roads during the exchange time. Parking for participants will be on the field at the northwest corner of the intersection of Stickney Island Road and Trapline Road, as it was in 2014.
TIPS FOR THE RACE
• Racers can take canoes to the park Saturday, May 23, and Boy Scouts will watch them overnight.
• Racers should remember that they must haul their canoes down the dirt path to the launching area. Boy Scouts will be available to help haul the canoes.
• Keep in mind that you’ll have to wear a life vest at all times. Loose-fitting clothing is best. Wear a top that you can easily take off if you work up a sweat.
• You can tip over, so be ready for that. Wear clothing that air-dries quickly.
• Stay in the middle of the river. Paddling from side to side won’t give racers an advantage.
• The river will be closed to all boats but those in the competition and safety boats.