1. Squalicum: Lots of talent leaves but Storm have plenty left.
2. Sehome: One of coach John Sylvester’s favorite groups ready to make noise.
3. Anacortes: A breakout year last season for the Seahawks could carry over.
4. Bellingham: Coach Matt Zigulis has good reason to be excited.
5. Burlington-Edison: The Tigers are always competitors.
6. Lynden: A strong cast returns and the Lions may break into playoff mix.
7. Sedro-Woolley: The past two seasons have been excellent for the Cubs.
8. Mount Baker: Hard work is the name of the game for Baker.
9. Nooksack Valley: A large turnout could mean big things for Nooksack.
10. Blaine: A much tougher playoff to get into for the Borderites spells trouble.
11. Lynden Christian: Just trying to ride the wave of winter sports’ success.
12. Meridian: A lot of starters leave but there’s some scoring power here.
13. Ferndale: Maybe a new coach can reverse the fortunes of Ferndale.