1. Lynden: The top-ranked Lions go for their 30th straight win on Friday at Squalicum.
2. Sedro-Woolley: The Cubs’ defense is allowing just 1.6 yards per rush through two weeks.
3. Squalicum: The Storm look great after two weeks. Now comes mighty Lynden.
4. Nooksack Valley: Tanner Myhre is slinging the ball, and the Pioneers are rolling.
Never miss a local story.
5. Burlington-Edison: An early surprise team, the Tigers have relied on defense.
6. Sehome: The Mariners bounced back from a tough season-opening loss.
7. Ferndale: The Golden Eagles aren’t familiar with 0-2 starts, but Ferndale can turn it around.
8. Blaine: The Borderites get their first true test this week against Ferndale.
9. Lynden Christian: The Lyncs are ranked No. 10, are 2-0 and life is good at LC.
10. Meridian: The Trojans can put last week in the past with a big win against Chelan.
11. Mount Baker: Baker beat up on Class 2B Oroville. Cascade should be a tougher task.
12. Anacortes: The Seahawks have the playmakers to be in most games this season.
13. Bellingham: The Red Raiders should be able to get a W during the next few weeks.