Northwest Conference Preseason Power Rankings
1. Anacortes: The Seahawks reached the state semis last year. Anacortes should have another strong club.
2. Squalicum: Storm has more than enough talent to improve on last year’s best season in program history.
3. Bellingham: Experienced Red Raiders are trying to do something special with their wealth of talent.
Never miss a local story.
4. Lynden: Lions lost some key pieces, but should again finish high in the Northwest Conference standings.
5. Sehome: Pitching and defense should lift the Mariners to another strong season.
6. Ferndale: The Golden Eagles have a good group of seniors who are motivated to end their careers on a high note.
7. Nooksack Valley: The Pioneers have some players, and they could surprise some clubs.
8. Burlington-Edison: Every year the Tigers seem to be a force in the Northwest Conference.
9. Sedro-Woolley: The Cubs should be strong enough to be competitive in all their games.
10. Meridian: The Trojans are young, but coach Steve Slesk will have his club ready to roll.
11. Lynden Christian: LC is hoping a mix of veterans and really young players can spark success.
12. Blaine: Too often the Borderites’ bats went cold last spring. New coach Larry Hoffman is hoping that changes.
13. Mount Baker: Winning the close games should help the Mountaineers improve upon last season.