Northwest Conference Power Rankings
1. Ferndale: Lauren Maley and the Golden Eagles return plenty of experience from last year’s historic team.
2. Burlington-Edison: The strong batch of newcomers burst onto the scene last year and should have success again.
3. Lynden: Only two starters depart the Lions and a strong senior class could have the Lions back at state.
Never miss a local story.
4. Mount Baker: Aleks Toivola should lead the Mountaineers to another strong season.
5. Anacortes: Most of this state will be returning and the Seahawks will continue to be competitive.
6. Blaine: Everything might be clicking for the Borderites under coach Alisa Burk.
7. Sehome: A pair of great hitters to go along with a great pitcher? Sounds like a recipe for success.
8. Sedro-Woolley: After a great run, the Cubs started to slip last year and now graduate six seniors.
9. Nooksack Valley: A strong corps of players return to a state squad and the Pioneers could surprise.
10. Lynden Christian: The Lyncs are in a bit of a rebuild but have some talent still left on the squad.
11. Meridian: Another year, another coach. This year’s Trojans have plenty of reason to be hopeful.
12. Bellingham: Some strong young guns to go with some savvy vets and the Red Raiders look improved.
13. Squalicum: The goal for the Storm this season is just to win a game.