Here are some updated Northwest Conference baseball power rankings through Week 3 of the spring season:
1. Anacortes (8): Seahawks are riding a five-game win streak.
2. Sehome (4): Great pitching coupled with strong defense has helped the Mariners win five in a row.
3. Meridian (7): Trojans suffered first two losses of the season against state-tournament caliber Eastern Washington clubs.
4. Squalicum (9): The Storm has scored 12 or more runs in four of its five wins and owns a run differential of plus-34.
5. Sedro-Wolley (1): The Cubs have looked strong during their small sample size of three games. 6. Bellingham (6): The Red Raiders are in the midst of a three-game skid.
7. Ferndale (3): The Golden Eagles are struggling at the plate, scoring only two runs during their past three losses. 8. Lynden (2): Christian Mouat’s strong outing aginst Burlington-Edison helped Lions snap three-game skid.
9. Nooksack Valley (12): The Pioneers have won three straight after starting the year 0-2. 10. Burlington-Edison (5): The Tigers have lost five of last six and are averaging just 2.3 runs per game.
11. Blaine (13): The Borderites picked up a pair of feel-good blowout wins over La Conner to improve to .500.
12. Lynden Christian (10): The Lyncs have only scored five runs during their past four losses.
13. Mount Baker (11): The Mountianeers added their first win of the year with a victory over nonconference opponent Cascade.