PREDICTED ORDER OF FINISH
1. Anacortes (2A): Enter as the top team after last year’s undefeated season.
2. Sehome (2A): Starting five are as good as they come
3. Lynden Christian (1A): Have best scoring duo in the conference
Never miss a local story.
4. Burlington-Edison (2A): Lost two key players but Tigers are still loaded
5. Ferndale (3A): Maturing into a very talented squad
6. Lynden (2A): New up-tempo style should fit well with Lions
7. Mount Baker (2A): That Mount Baker is seventh shows how tough NWC is
8. Mount Vernon (3A): Lost leading scorer, but most of state team is back
9. Squalicum (3A): Storm has enough pieces to make a run at state
10. Nooksack Valley (1A): Consistency was their biggest issue last season
11. Blaine (2A): The Borderites are young, but improving
12. Bellingham (2A): Played teams close despite losses last year
13. Meridian (1A): The Trojans are ready to get back to winning
14. Sedro-Woolley (3A): Renewed emphasis on defense could help Cubs