I am concerned about the acid water in Bellingham Bay.
I believe we are rapidly poisoning the oyster spat as well as all the other creatures making salt water home. Carbon dioxide combines with water to form carbonic acid.. The oyster cannot grow a shell. This happens with all other calcium using critters.
We can capture this gas, please consider this.
We can and should attempt to capture the carbon dioxide. If we use limrock we can make concrete with the lime.
Never miss a local story.
I have walked the shores and now I cannot find the animals that used to be in and on the gravel.
Take a look, you’ll see what I mean.