Voters can hear from candidates in five local races at the Whatcom Tea Party debate forum Wednesday, Oct. 1, at the Building Industry Association of Whatcom County.
The free forum will be held from 5:30 to 8:30 p.m. at the BIAWC, 1650 Baker Creek Place in Bellingham. Doors open at 5 p.m.
Western Washington University Professor Emeritus Robert Thorndike will moderate debates between candidates in the following races:
• Public Utility District of Whatcom County No. 1 non-partisan commission: incumbent Jeffrey McClure and challenger Bob Burr
Never miss a local story.
• 42nd District State Representative, Position 1: incumbent Vincent Buys (R) and challenger Joy Monjure (D)
• 42nd District State Representative, Position 2: candidates Satpal Sidhu (D) and Luanne Van Werven (R)
• 42nd District State Senate: incumbent Doug Ericksen (R) and challenger Seth Fleetwood (D)
• 40th District State Representative: incumbent Kristine Lytton (D) and challenger Daniel Miller (R)
Videos of each debate will later be posted online at whatcomteaparty.org.