Government offices, banks and schools will be closed Monday, Sept. 5, for Labor Day, but most stores and some restaurants will be open.
Of note, Monday also is a holiday in Canada, so many businesses and services will be closed. Call ahead to check.
Here is a list:
Never miss a local story.
▪ City of Bellingham and Whatcom County government offices – Closed.
▪ Bellingham parking meters – Not enforced.
▪ Bellingham and Whatcom County library branches – Closed.
▪ Public schools, colleges and universities – Closed.
▪ U.S. Postal Service – No mail delivery.
▪ Banks – Closed.
▪ Garbage – Sanitary Service Co. and Nooksack Valley Disposal will pick up trash on the regular schedule. However, trucks might be earlier than usual; customers are advised to set out their trash early. SSC and Nooksack Valley Disposal offices and the Bellingham Recycling Center/Transfer Station at F Street will be closed Monday.
▪ Whatcom Transportation Authority – No buses run Monday.
▪ The Bellingham Herald – Offices closed; regular newspaper delivery.
▪ YMCA – Closed.
▪ Boys & Girls Clubs of Whatcom County – Closed.
▪ The Opportunity Council – Closed.
▪ Bellingham Senior Activity Center – Closed.
▪ Whatcom Council on Aging, Meals on Wheels and More offices – Closed
▪ Bellis Fair Mall – Open regular hours. Some anchor stores have longer hours for Labor Day sales.
▪ Grocery stores – Most are open regular hours.
▪ Movie theaters – Open.