The nonprofit Whatcom Alliance for Health Advancement has scheduled free community workshops in the coming months about making end-of-life choices.
Participants will learn why advance care planning is important, how to choose someone to be their durable power of attorney for health care, how to talk to loved ones and doctors about their preferences for end-of-life care, and how to complete advance directive paperwork.
Workshops are in Bellingham. The dates are:
• Wednesday, Oct. 1, 6:30 to 8 p.m. at Spring Creek Retirement & Assisted Living, 223 E. Bakerview Road.
Never miss a local story.
• Tuesday, Oct. 7, 2:30 to 4 p.m. at St. Luke’s Community Health Education Center, 3333 Squalicum Parkway, near the main campus of PeaceHealth St. Joseph Medical Center.
• Wednesday, Oct. 8, 1:30 to 3 p.m. at Spring Creek.
• Monday, Nov. 3, 2:30 to 4 p.m. at St. Luke’s.
• Wednesday, Nov. 5, 6:30 to 8 p.m. at Spring Creek.
• Wednesday, Nov. 12, 1:30 to 3 p.m. at Spring Creek.
• Wednesday, Dec. 3, 6:30 to 8 p.m. at Spring Creek.
• Thursday, Dec. 4, 2:30 to 4 p.m. at St. Luke’s.
• Monday, Dec. 8, 5:30 to 7 p.m. at St. Luke’s.
• Wednesday, Dec. 10, 1:30 to 3 p.m. at Spring Creek.
Additional workshops are pending, so go to the website for updated information.
Registration isn’t required.