In 1888, the county's territorial courthouse was located on the tideflats of Bellingham Bay. Built in 1853 by T.G. Richards & Co. to be used as a warehouse, it is now the oldest brick building in Washington. Photo by William F. Boyd, courtesy Center for Pacific Northwest Studies, Howard Buswell Collection.
In 1888, the county's territorial courthouse was located on the tideflats of Bellingham Bay. Built in 1853 by T.G. Richards & Co. to be used as a warehouse, it is now the oldest brick building in Washington. Photo by William F. Boyd, courtesy Center for Pacific Northwest Studies, Howard Buswell Collection. Courtesy to The Bellingham Herald
In 1888, the county's territorial courthouse was located on the tideflats of Bellingham Bay. Built in 1853 by T.G. Richards & Co. to be used as a warehouse, it is now the oldest brick building in Washington. Photo by William F. Boyd, courtesy Center for Pacific Northwest Studies, Howard Buswell Collection. Courtesy to The Bellingham Herald

Whatcom Magazine

Test your knowledge with our state history quiz

November 24, 2014 12:01 AM

  Comments  

Videos