Police say prostitute left google exec to die on yacht

The Sacramento BeeJuly 9, 2014 

— A Folsom, Calif., woman described by police as a high-priced prostitute has been arrested for allegedly providing a fatal drug overdose to a client and then stepping over his body to finish off a glass of wine before fleeing.

Alix Catherine Tichleman, 26, was arrested on suspicion of second-degree homicide, destruction of evidence and transporting or providing narcotics.

She was lured to Santa Cruz, Calif., on July 4 from Folsom by police posing as potential client. Police said Tichleman agreed on a price of more than $1,000 and to meet in an upscale location.

When she arrived in Santa Cruz she was arrested even though the investigation into the death is ongoing. Santa Cruz police were concerned that she might leave California. A post on her Facebook page early this month said she was heading back Georgia where she attended high school.

The police investigation resulting in her arrest began on November 23 when a man’s body was found aboard a boat in the Santa Cruz Small Craft Harbor. Detectives were called to the scene when the evidence surrounding the man’s death appeared suspicious.

The Santa Cruz Sentinel identifies the dead man as Forrest Timothy Hayes, a 51-year old tech executive who was employed at Google.

Since the discovery of the body, detectives have been trying to find out more about Tichleman. She became a suspect when detectives learned she had an ongoing call-girl relationship with Hayes, according to a police press release.

Santa Cruz police said that Tichleman works as a high-priced prostitute who meets her clients through the website “Seeking Arrangements.” Police said that during interviews with officers, Tichleman boasted of more than 200 clients.

The website claims that it is the “leading Sugar Daddy dating site where over 3 million members fuel mutually beneficial relationships on their terms.”

Detectives, who obtained text messages and e-mails between Tichleman and clients, learned that she met Hayes the night of his death. Police allege that Tichleman provided heroin and injected Hayes during her visit.

Hayes, according to police, died from an injection “provided” by Tichleman.

Detectives have security footage from the boat where Hayes lived and died. The video, according to police, shows Hayes suffering medical complications and becoming unconscious. Video evidence shows Tichleman stepping over Hayes’ body several times as she gathers her belongings, including heroin and needles, police said.

At one point, she steps over the body to swallow the last of a glass of wine. She then left the boat but not before lowering a blind to conceal the body, according to police.

On her Facebook page, Tichleman, who favors black lingerie and knee-high Doc Martin lace-up boots, said she attended high school in Atlanta. Under professional skills she lists exotic dancer, makeup artist and model.

In a Facebook posting dated June 28, Tichleman writes: “It’s really nice to talk with someone about killing sprees and murdering people in cold blood...and they love it too. No judgement. Yay!”

She ends the posting with “Take a look around you. Life is hard and then you die.”

Call The Bee’s Bill Lindelof, (916) 321-1079.

Bellingham Herald is pleased to provide this opportunity to share information, experiences and observations about what's in the news. Some of the comments may be reprinted elsewhere in the site or in the newspaper. We encourage lively, open debate on the issues of the day, and ask that you refrain from profanity, hate speech, personal comments and remarks that are off point. Thank you for taking the time to offer your thoughts.

Commenting FAQs | Terms of Service