Dr. Grant Nelson Celebrates 90 Years Dr. Grant W. Nelson, a retired dentist in Ferndale, is having his 90th birthday on May 17. He will be celebrating Saturday and Sunday with his wife Mary Lee, his children, David and Nancy, and his grandchildren Christopher, Alexa, and Katy. Grant was quoted as saying, "Learn to know the joy of giving" as his birthday approached.
- All News
- Dean Kahn
- Local News
- Reader Photos
- Community News
- Northwest News
- Traffic Cams
- Robber strikes second Washington Federal bank in Bellingham in two weeks
- Hundreds seek help at Project Homeless Connect in Bellingham
- Whatcom Council likes foresters' 'no net loss' plan
- Wedding day shooter found guilty of assault
- Father-daughter bond: Tour de Whatcom gives single dad quality time with kid
- Long way 'round: Local rides 1,500 miles in 24 hours
- Special Okanogan deer hunt permits offered by lottery
- Heath's late go-ahead single leads Bells to 6-5 win.
- A few biz tidbits to end the week...
- Fred Meyer makes plans to expand Lakeway gas station
- Russia: McDonald's food has 'too many calories'
- EU hits Russian intelligence chiefs with sanctions
- Alternative Humane Society hosts expo at Bloedel Donovan Park
- Microbrew tasting event benefits Rotary projects
- 'Hunger Games' next outdoor movie in Fairhaven
- Newport Folk Festival celebrates 55th anniversary
- All Living
- Food & Drink
- Home & Garden
- Ask a Master Gardener: Can I use dog poop as manure for garden?
- Ebola outbreak spreads to 4th West African country
- Veterans' response to senator's PTSD remarks mixed
- Red Cross says its facing looming blood shortage
- Questions candidate's stance on teachers
- Fears immigration hurting country
- Banking literacy needed to break cycle of poverty
- In Focus: Education funding should extent to college
- Local Deals