LYNDEN One block of 1st Street had to be evacuated for about two hours Monday morning, March 31, after construction crews working on an apartment complex nicked a gas line and caused a leak, according to city officials.
A worker operating equipment at an apartment complex under construction hit a steel 2-inch gas line at about 10:45 a.m., City Administrator Mike Martin said. The leak forced the evacuation of about two dozen homes and businesses on 1st between Front and Grover streets and closed the road.
Cascade Natural Gas completed repairs on the line by 1 p.m.
Reach ZOE FRALEY at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 756-2803.