1. Lynden (1): Lions must play better early against Sedro-Woolley.
2. Ferndale (2): Golden Eagles know they still have room for improvement.
3. Sedro-Woolley (5): Cubs should challenge two-time defending champs.
4. Mount Baker (4): Mountaineers gave Lynden all it wanted last week.
5. Squalicum (7): Storm rebounded from disappointing Week 2 performance.
6. Burlington-Edison (3): Tigers hungry to get back on track after loss to rival.
7. Meridian (10): Trojans picked up a forfeit victory, now they want an on-field win.
8. Friday Harbor (11): Wolverines have played well the past two weeks.
9. Lynden Christian (12): Lyncs could be in another tight battle with Anacortes.
10. Anacortes (13): Seahawks already have surpassed last year's win total.
11. Sehome (6): Mariners suffered a heart-breaker at Anacortes.
12. Nooksack Valley (8): Pioneers look to enter NWC 1A play on high note.
13. Blaine (9): Borderites looking to grow off rough first three weeks.
14. Bellingham (14): Run defense still failing Red Raiders at 8.8 yards per attempt.
Reach DAVID RASBACH at email@example.com or call 715-2271.