1. Lynden: Repeating NWC and state titles won't be an easy chore for Lions.
2. Anacortes: Seahawks return four starters from last season and have size.
3. Lynden Christian: Defending 1A champs will be tough to match up with inside.
4. Sehome: Mariners will have plenty of scorers, but need defense to develop.
5. Burlington-Edison: Tigers have enough pieces to be successful once again.
6. Squalicum: Don't count out Storm just because it is rebuilding again.
7. Meridian: Trojans should have good length and good depth this season.
8. Ferndale: Golden Eagles will look very different with much smaller lineup.
9. Bellingham: Red Raiders should take some big steps forward this season.
10. Mount Baker: Mountaineers' chemistry could take them far this season.
11. Sedro-Woolley: Moving to 2A will help, but Cubs return only two starters.
12. Blaine: New coach attempting to change expectations for Borderites.
13. Nooksack Valley: Young Pioneers likely to improve as season progresses.
Reach DAVID RASBACH at email@example.com or call 715-2271.