1. Lynden (1): Even when not completely healthy, Lions are scary good.
2. Burlington-Edison (3): Tigers definitely appear to be back under first-year coach.
3. Squalicum (5): Storm enjoying top spot in NWC 2A/3A standings.
4. Blaine (2): Word is a bad call kept Borderites from going to OT with Lakewood last week.
5. Ferndale (6): Golden Eagles renew rivalry with Burlington and should get tested.
6. Mount Baker (4): Mountaineers look to make quick recovery after lopsided loss.
7. Friday Harbor (8): Wolverines continue to impress during non-league schedule.
8. Nooksack Valley (7): Pioneers this week should be able to recover from first loss.
9. Meridian (9): Trojans still putting the pieces together, but now have a win.
10. Sehome (10): Mariners need to continue getting Daniel Ziegler the ball.
11. Lynden Christian (11): Lyncs will certainly be a factor in NWC 1A race this year.
12. Sedro-Woolley (12): Cubs picked up first win, but now travel to Lynden.
13. Bellingham (13): Red Raiders moving the ball well. Now they need improved defense.
14. Anacortes (14): Good to see Seahawks get on the board. Next is getting a win.
Reach DAVID RASBACH at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 715-2271.