1. Burlington-Edison: The Tigers are defending 2A state champs, and Skagit Valley schools have dominated the NWC lately.
2. Anacortes: Should be a favorite to earn one of District 1's state berths again this season.
3. Lynden: The Lions are ultra athletic and return a handful of key seniors
4. Sehome: The majority of the Mariners' 2011 state team returns with an exception to Megan Johnson.
5. Lynden Christian: Kim Grycel seems to always find a way to get the best out of her team.
6. Ferndale: No Laurel Erdman or Karley Eggert, but the Golden Eagles still have players.
7. Nooksack Valley: McKinna Larson and McKenzie Impero should help keep NV in every match.
8. Mount Baker: Mary LeSage is working with a lot of new faces, but the Mountaineers should contend.
9. Bellingham: On paper, the Red Raiders appear to be a team on the rise.
10. Squalicum: The Storm lost a couple talents, but still have the players to earn some wins.
11. Meridian: New coach Shannon Claeys likes what she sees from her club.
12. Blaine: The Borderites are young, but have some talented hitters.
13. Sedro-Woolley: The Cubs struggled last year, and will look to turn things around in 2012.
Reach ANDREW LANG at firstname.lastname@example.org or call ext. 862.