- Several Whatcom County students graduated from Seattle Pacific University.
Bellingham: Jayme Fergoda, doctorate in philosophy in clinical psychology; Audrey Hazel, bachelor of science, cum laude, food and nutritional sciences; Riley Mullett, bachelor of arts, business administration; and Mitchell Wayerski, bachelor of arts, magna cum laude, political science.
Lynden: Grace Barrios, bachelor of science, cum laude, nursing; and Abbie Reinsma, bachelor of arts, language arts.
- Two Whatcom County students received scholarships from the College of Engineering and Architecture at Washington State University.
Suraj Sidhu received a $500 Harold P. Curtis Scholarship. A 2012 graduate of Squalicum High School, Sidhu plans to graduate with a degree in civil engineering. He is the son of Kuldip Kumari and Prem Singh Sidhu of Bellingham.
Tyas Young received a $4,000 Harold P. Curtis Scholarship. A 2012 graduate of Nooksack Valley High School, he plans to graduate with a degree in engineering. He is the son of Melody and Greg Young of Everson.
- U.S. Air Force Airman Zachary Myhre graduated from basic training at Lackland Air Force Base, San Antonio, Texas. Myhre earned distinction as an honor graduate. The son of Tim Myhre of Spokane, he is a 2007 graduate of Bellingham High School.
- U.S. Army Pvt. Joshua Chandler graduated from basic training at Fort Jackson, Columbia, S.C. The son of Kristine Pedigo of Bellingham, he is a 2008 graduate of Bellingham High School.
- Alex Heurta of Bellingham was chosen as an apprentice technician in electrics and sound for The Santa Fe Opera's Technical Apprentice Program, in New Mexico.
- Thomas Schlotterback, professor emeritus, art department, Western Washington University, had a painting chosen for exhibit at Northwest Art Center, Minot State University, in Minot, N.D. Schlotterback's oil painting, "Ave!Maria," depicts the interior of a church during Mass.
Reach DEAN KAHN at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 715-2291.