- Kelsey Adrian, 18, received a $1,500 Dean's Scholarship for the coming school year at Eastern Washington University, where she plans to study occupational therapy. The daughter of Katherine Larsen and Tim Adrian of Bellingham, she is a 2012 graduate of Sehome High School.
- Alyssa Brandland of Bellingham received a letter of commendation for the 2012 spring term at Cushing Academy, in Ashburnham, Mass. Cushing is an independent, college preparatory school for girls and boys in grades nine through 12, and post-graduate.
- Katharine Sell of Birch Bay received a $12,000 Dean's Scholarship to attend Trinity Western University, in Langley, B.C. The daughter of Kerry and Shirley Sell, she is a recent homeschool graduate and plans to pursue a biology degree with an emphasis in coral reef biodiversity.
- Kelsey Lambert, 20, has been awarded a $1,250 General University: EWUF Campaign Scholarship for the coming school year at Eastern Washington University, where she is a junior. The daughter of Norma Jo and Jay Lambert of Everson, she graduated from Nooksack Valley High School and is studying applied developmental psychology.
- Two Bellingham students graduated from Carleton College, in Northfield, Minn.
Daniel Read received a bachelor's degree, magna cum laude, in sociology and anthropology. He is the son of Richard Read and Ann Marie Read.
Lilian VanderStaay received a bachelor's degree, magna cum laude, in history. She is the daughter of Mary Metzger and Steven VanderStaay
- Laura Engels, a student at Western Washington University, was awarded an acting apprenticeship for the 2012-13 season at Actors Theatre of Louisville, Ky.
- Marissa Pemberton received a $1,000 Eve Rockwell Little Trust Scholarship from the Washington State University College of Engineering and Architecture. The daughter of Melissa and Allen Pemberton of Ferndale, she graduated from Ferndale High School in 2012 and plans to study engineering.
Reach DEAN KAHN at email@example.com or call 715-2291.