BELLINGHAM - It's set to be a colorful weekend in town as Bellingham Pride kicks off a series of events leading up to a parade and festival Sunday, July 15.
Here's what's going on for this year's Bellingham Pride:
Thursday, July 12
- From 8-11 p.m., there will be an all-ages B-Proud dance at Depot Market Square at the corner of Railroad Avenue and East Maple Street. Admission is $3, with proceeds going to a local charity and a DJ providing music.
- First Congregational Church of Bellingham, 2401 Cornwall Ave., will host a screening of the documentary "Love Free or Die" at 7 p.m. The documentary follows Gene Robinson, the first openly gay person to become a bishop. Entry is free, but donations are accepted.
Friday, July 13
- For the 21 and older crowd, there will be a Betty Pages eighth anniversary party starting at 9 p.m. at Rumors Cabaret, 1119 Railroad Ave. There's no cover charge for those who enter before 10 p.m., and free food is available. After 10 p.m., the entry fee is $3.
Saturday, July 14
- Starting at noon, the Betty Pages is hosting a family picnic at Maritime Heritage Park in downtown Bellingham. Burgers and veggie burgers will be provided, and families are encouraged to bring side dishes to share.
- The Imperial Sovereign Court of the Evergreen Empire will host its annual Pride drag show at Rumors Cabaret starting at 7 p.m. for those 21 and older. Doors will open at 6 p.m. for the event, $5 cover.
- Following the drag show there will be a Rumors Pride celebration at the bar from 10 p.m. to closing, $3 cover.
Sunday, July 15
- The Pride Parade will start at noon in front of Bellingham High School and go down Cornwall Avenue, ending at Depot Market Square on Railroad Avenue.
- The parade will be followed by a Pride Festival at Depot Market Square until 5 p.m. The festival will feature a variety of vendors and activities for people of all ages. A $3 donation is suggested for entry.
- 4WomenEvents will host a dance party starting at 3 p.m. at Glow Nightclub, 202 E. Holly St. Admission is $5, with proceeds benefiting Bellingham Pride. The event will include a DJ, drink specials and prizes.
Reach ZOE FRALEY at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 756-2803.