Conservative candidates for state and federal office will participate in a Whatcom Freedom Rally on Saturday, July 7.
The event starts at 5:30 p.m. with a candidate meet and greet, followed at 6:30 p.m. by patriotic songs and ice cream. Organizers recommend people bring lawn chairs.
The following candidates will be there, according to a press release:
- State Rep. Jason Overstreet, R-Blaine, running for re-election.
- State Rep. Vincent Buys, R-Lynden, running for re-election.
- John Koster, Snohomish County Council member and Republican running for 1st Congressional District seat.
- Clint Didier, Republican candidate for public lands commissioner.
- Shahram Hadian, Republican candidate for governor.
- Art Coday, Republican candidate for U.S. Senate.
- Stephen Pidgeon, Republican candidate for attorney general.
The event will be at Farmer Ben's farm, 1461 Van Dyk Road near Lynden. For more information, go to WhatcomFreedomRally.com.